Sunday, October 21, 2007

From the Vault: Photos from Poland of Auschwitz and Majdanek

I have a blog at the conservative site Townhall, which until recently I used as my main writing outlet. After a bit of tinkering around with projects using Blogger, I have finally come up with what you see now.

There were some blog articles that ran on Townhall that I am especially proud of, and I'm going to try to post some of my favorites here for people that haven't read them.

Originally published August 26, 2007, the subject of this one is a little heavy, so some readers may want to skip it.

An aquaintance of mine, Ireina Apoe, recently visited Poland, where she took several photos from inside the buildings of the concentration camps. The following photos are of Auschwitz and Majdanek (click on the images for larger view):











Apoe added some very insightful, and somewhat frightening, facts about the Majdanek extermination camp. According to Apoe, "Majdanek has not been touched since the war. It can be operational in 48 hours. This may mean that the Holocaust could happen again or something similar if a country (such as Iran) were to seize Poland. The leader of Iran was talking exactly like Hitler a matter of weeks ago."

No comments: