Thursday, March 6, 2008

Meeting Timmy

Right now I'm finishing up reading Timmy's in the Well: The Jon Provost Story. There's something fascinating about the stories of child stars, as they've lived a childhood that is far different from that of the average child, making them different from the onset. Provost didn't crash and burn in the manner of Michael Jackson or Macaulay Culkin, but he also didn't seem to move toward adult fame in the way that Ron Howard, who went on to become an Oscar-winning director, or Elijah Wood, who went on to star in the epic and critically acclaimed Lord of the Rings series, have.

I picked up his book and met him while at WonderCon, the Bay Area comic book convention. I was never an avid watcher of Lassie growing up (though I do remember watching the similiar series Flipper many times), but for whatever reasons he stood out to me and I forked down $27 for his book and took a picture with him.

No comments: