Monday, March 24, 2008

New Discovery: BBC Radio Drama (and Comedy)

I remember hearing from Jim French several years ago that the British are continuing to make radio comedies and dramas regularly, and that the medium is still quite popular over there. I had only ever really heard the news segment of BBC Radio and had never gotten my hands on some of the acclaimed radio shows. Thanks to the widening use of filesharing I have been able to get a hold of classics like the radio version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (which was actually written originally for radio), Lord of the Rings, Crime and Punishment and War and Peace. I don't want to be alone in my discovery, so I've posted a few of these gems.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy excerpt

The Mighty Boosh Episode One


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: