Saturday, March 22, 2008

Video: Hitchens joins Ned Flanders, a Hindu and a pervert on Real Time with Bill Maher

Egads, I was unpleasantly surprised to see Dan Savage sitting at this table next to Bill Maher and the guy who does Simpsons voices. I think he would probably regret what he said to Hitchens about running for president once he realizes Hitch's many positions on issues outside of faith. I've had the misfortune of growing up in the city where Dan Savage's shitrag of a newspaper populates the newsstands. The man is a buffoon. Any jaunt through his column, "Savage Love," will tell you that. Each time I've heard him speak he has cascaded into the most cavemen-like and impulsive blue state vs. red state populism. It's illustrated in this video where he speaks of moral-thumping on the part of evangelicals as if there were no such thing as secular moral-thumping (which is exactly what Eliot Spitzer hypocritically exercised in), something I will in fact accuse him of taking part in.

I don't think Dan was fast enough to catch it, but it was quite funny on many levels when Hitch referred to him as "My dear."

By the way, if you want the Pew figures that they're talking about, you can get the reports by clicking here. I think Maher may have been wrong about Michael Jackson. He has apparently converted to Islam.



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: