Sunday, August 3, 2008

Obama concedes racial dimension to Missouri comments

From ABC News:

"I don’t think it’s accurate to say that my comments have nothing to do with race," Obama said. "Here's what I was saying and I think this should be undisputed: That I don’t come out of central casting, when it comes to presidential races. For a whole range of reasons. I’m young, I’m new to the national scene, my name is Barack Obama, I am African American, I was born in Hawaii, I spent time in Indonesia. I do not have the typical biography of a presidential candidate. What that means is that I’m sort of unfamiliar and people are still trying to get a fix on who I am, where I come from, what my values are and so forth in a way that might not be true if I seemed more familiar."


I said before that being born outside of the mainland United States and living overseas is nothing unusual and it doesn't make Obama as special as he thinks he is. John McCain was born in Panama, Bob Barr lived in Iran and Ralph Nader is Lebanese. Big whoop. His name and skin color are totally irrelevant to the job he's seeking. Obama seems to want these biographical factoids to become some sort of campaign issue so he can justify his own persecution complex.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: