Thursday, January 6, 2011

School Shootings: The Blood Is On Your Hands, America



Cross-posted at Gonzo Times.

One of the gifts of Asperger's syndrome is that I'm not beholden to social regulations. I break them regularly and without any effort. When it comes to America's growing past time of school shootings, this gift may come in use.


OMAHA, Neb. (CBS/AP) Robert Butler Jr., the Millard South High School senior who shot two administrators, killing one, before killing himself posted a disturbing status update on Facebook before the shooting.

The status update reads:

"Everybody that used to know me, I'm sorry but Omaha changed me and f**ked me up. And the school I attend is even worse," the message read. "You're gonna here about the evil s**t I did but that f**king school drove me to this. I want you guys to remember me for who I was before this. I greatly affected the lives of the families ruined but I'm sorry. Goodbye."

Butler was new to the school. "He started going to school here in November," Omaha Police Chief Alex Hayes said. "He was a transfer student from Lincoln." He was the son of an Omaha police officer.


When I was a little kid, I was forced to transfer from View Ridge Elementary in Seattle to Meany Middle School, then a school located in the heart of Seattle and home to the historically second largest group of Black Panthers in the country. The bullying was so intense that I simply stopped going to school. I started going back, to a different school, the next year but in retrospect I should have just stayed at home. I would have been much happier then being placed in another taxpayer funded hellhole where children are regularly abused and then treated like psychopaths when they lash back.

If you wonder why so many children who have been bullied end up going loco, don't blame guns. Those are just tools. They could be using knives, hammers, fists, chairs or bricks and the anger would be the same. Blame yourself for not listening. Blame yourself for only thinking about bullying now, after a wave of gay suicides, when the Columbine School Massacre happened twelve years ago.

How many more shootings in how many more American towns and cities do you need until people start to think, "Wow, maybe there is something about our schools that makes people lose their minds."

Why do you think the rapper Eminem is so popular? Check out his latest video, "No Love." In it, a child lashes out at his tormentors just as many others have, only using his fists and feet instead of guns:


Believe me, Marshall Mathers is speaking for alot of people in that video, yours truly including. My upcoming autism book will detail in full the bullying I experienced. I'm not against collectively funded education (like taxpayer funded online courses for homeschoolers) but, if I ever have children, it will take quite alot for me to send my children to a brick and mortar school, public or private.


I totally feel you. I was TORMENTED throughout my school years, and Iused to BEG my parents to send me to an alternative to regular school. All to no avail.

I will not send my children to school. No way in hell. First of all, students and teachers alike are often abusive. I would not want my child to be bullied, NOR would I want them to become a bully.

Not to mention that lack of truth in the school system's program of education. It is pure brainwashing designed to diminish the contribution of anyone but out white, male, so called founding fathers. No thanks.

No toxic environment for MY kids.

... I cannot help but wonder if this young man's race had something to do with his negative experience at that school, which was overwhelmingly white.

Add to Technorati FavoritesShare

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I totally feel you. I was TORMENTED throughout my school years, and Iused to BEG my parents to send me to an alternative to regular school. All to no avail.

I will not send my children to school. No way in hell. First of all, students and teachers alike are often abusive. I would not want my child to be bullied, NOR would I want them to become a bully.

Not to mention that lack of truth in the school system's program of education. It is pure brainwashing designed to diminish the contribution of anyone but out white, male, so called founding fathers. No thanks.

No toxic environment for MY kids.

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Thank you for a great comment, Joanna. Do you mind if I repost it within the article?

Joanna said...

No problem whatsoever. I cannot help but wonder if this young man's race had something to do with his negative experience at that school, which was overwhelmingly white.

Michael said...

I think it likely did. This is the sort of thing that happens when administrators transfer children from place to place with little thought as to them as living beings.